10 February 2018

Possible Interaction: Free time activities


You are going to talk with a friend  about your free time activities. Answer the questions using the information below to help you and remember to use your imagination.


  • Talk about your free time activities:
  • what
  • when and how often
  • who with
  • When you started doing it
  • Why you like it
  • Ask your friend about his or her hobby

HAVE A LOOK AT THIS EXAMPLE:
STUDENT A: Hello. How are you?
STUDENT B: Hello! I’m fine, thanks. And you?/What about you?
STUDENT A: I want to start a new hobby. Have you got any hobbies?
STUDENT B: Yes, I have. I like playing/to play badminton. Also I enjoy reading adventure books, but what I like most/what I really love is travelling. In fact, I would like to visit Scotland next summer. Anyway, the best hobby for me is playing with my children
STUDENT A: Do you practice very often? / How often do you…?
STUDENT B: I often play badminton (twice a week.)
STUDENT A: I see. When do you…?
STUDENT B: On Friday afternoon when I finish work
STUDENT A: Do you go with a friend? / Do you think I can come with you?
STUDENT B: I usually meet a friend and a workmate. We don’t mind if you come too.
STUDENT A: Thank you. I think I will like it very much. When did you start your hobby?
STUDENT B:I started last year/ one year ago
STUDENT A: Wow! That’s a long time. / Oh! So you have just started. Why do you like it?
STUDENT Bt: I like badminton because it is very fun and healthy, so it’s great. Do you have any hobbies?
STUDENT A: Well, actually I do. I collect old bus tickets. / I don’t. I want to start a hobby.
STUDENT B:Oh! That’s very interesting/boring/ strange. Where do you get them?/Why don’t you practice a sport?/Oh really?What hobby do you want to start?
STUDENT A: Well, I’ll see you soon and I can go with you. Ok?
STUDENT B:Yes, of course. See you on Friday afternoon
STUDENT A AND B: Good-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment